PLEASE HELP! knocked down wall..advice needed
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
vw754
Ganger
Ganger

PLEASE HELP! knocked down wall..advice needed

by vw754 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:01 pm

[b] I had the front wall knocked down so i can park car at front of the house,where i used a steel blade and cut the wall leaving one pillar standing each side,problem is where ive cut,the bricks obviously now have rough edges.

I wanted advice on what to do,my friend said chisel away the rough bricks and remove them. Then put new pieces of brick in place.
Im no bricky and i wanted to know if i just smoothed the brick is there anything i can paint over the brick without it standing out like a sore thumb....what advice can u give..what i cud do myself?[/b]

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:22 pm

vw754,
Hire/borrow an angle grinder fitted with a masonry grinding disc and use this to tidy the cut faces.
end

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:06 pm

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:23 pm