please help new garage erected now put in for planning !!
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sonia99
Labourer
Labourer

please help new garage erected now put in for planning !!

by sonia99 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:09 pm

hello I am hoping someone can help me i recently bough a detached bungalow and our neighbours who live in the semi detached on the left had already built a garage extension which is on the boundary line between the two properties today we had a letter as they need permission frmo the council. I have no problem with them extending hoever 2 things I am ocncerned about 1. The structure lie on the boundary and the drains and guttering overhang onto my land ! i am getting a surveyor to look at that re this issue ie if they have gone over then I will be asking them to tak ethe structure down
2. There is now only about 1m between our roof and the garage I presume as it is a garage this will have elctric in there and is this not a fire risk as tehcinically they hav eno access to teh back now ie already joint to another house on one side snd garage directly on my boundary so in event of fire they cannot access the back only from through the house also ? for fire brigade as access to the back is from a narrow lane ? sure if a fire engine would actually fit as it is to narrow not a road just a footpath . Can I object on these grounds can any one advise me please
many thanks

acsimpson
Foreman
Foreman

by acsimpson » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:41 am

I don't see why access to the back should be an issue. A lot of terraced houses don't have this access after all.

I'm also not sure what the rules about over hanging guttering are. After all would you rather they had a 3 inch strip of weed ridden dirt on the edge of your garden?

sonia99
Labourer
Labourer

by sonia99 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:37 pm

[quote="acsimpson"]I don't see why access to the back should be an issue. A lot of terraced houses don't have this access after all.

I'm also not sure what the rules about over hanging guttering are. After all would you rather they had a 3 inch strip of weed ridden dirt on the edge of your garden?[/quote]

???sorry I am not sure u understand would you rather that all their guttering was leaking onto your land and every time they needed to fix something they ask for permission to enter your land . There is no access from the back street which normally a terrace house has unless you trespass and go thru a neighbors property essentially

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1