Please help - no central heating, think hot water is going!
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

yinn100
Labourer
Labourer

Please help - no central heating, think hot water is going!

by yinn100 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:32 pm

Hi

This is my first post and I really want a step by step guide for dummies if possible, because I know nothing real technical about boliers.

I have a Heatrae Sadia - Amptec Bolier C1100 95 022 004. We have not had central heating since before Christmas because we have not money to cover it, but our electric bills are still high(??) We have had hot water so I'm guessing it's a combi bolier. We have have electricity.

I've started to notice recently that one of the pipes going from the celing to the floor is always cold and it has condensation dripping off it. Also today, when I turn on the hot water for a boost, the monitor is not lighting up, only the 'supply' button is lit up green, which is constantly on. Usually when the water heater is on the montior lights up to 'call' then 'heat'.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do myself, and if not, do you know whow much a plumber/electrican would cost? I actually do not know if this is an electrician's or a plumber's job :cry:

Thanks in advance