PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ASAP!!
Information, help and advice on many architecture, self build and design problems and issues

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
stuart_craigon2003
Tradesman
Tradesman

PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ASAP!!

by stuart_craigon2003 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:02 am

Hi there all. I really need a professional architect's help for free or very cheep. I have a huge restaurant project that I need to get going before the planning permission runs out. I can't find an architect that is able to do the work quickly and cheaply because my budget is now quite low and the architect’s that I have been to so far only do domestic work. I know I’m asking a hell of a lot for free work buts it’s getting serious now and I would really appreciate the help.

I have 4 drawings that have been done on a pc (by me) that need to have sizes etc done on them so that I can get a price from my building contractor (and you know what the country is like just now, the builders could really do with the work!) and so that I can get full planning permission. (Yeah the county council planning department are getting kind of annoyed at me because I keep asking them to wait!) I have been given outline planning permission but only had two or three months to apply for full permission, after that I have to go through the hole thing again, forking out an further £250 that I really need to keep for architect's fees (unless I can get them free!)

Please please someone help!

Thanks.

Stuart

twofaced
Apprentice
Apprentice

by twofaced » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:22 pm

I'm sorry to say this Stuart but I think you'll be hard pushed to find somebody to do the work for free. What your asking, would involve a fair bit of work. Has a survey of the property been carried out? Is that the drawings you have compiled? Are there major changes to the structure required. Will the input of a structural engineer be needed.

To put enough information on the drawings so you can get a realistic price will require a large amount of input from yourself interms of the finshes you would be requiring, and will probaly take a bit of time to draw up.

I would suggest taking your time and doing it properly. If you rush it and get it wrong it will cost you a lot more than £250 to fix it later.

sorry if this is not really what you wanted to hear.

stuart_craigon2003
Tradesman
Tradesman

Re

by stuart_craigon2003 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:34 pm

Thank you very much indeed for your input. I'll give you a little background on the project.

Greenfield site - currently farm land in use

Property - new build stone clad timber frame, under pitched timber and slate roof.

Surrounding land - tar macadam car parking and access for deliveries etc to the front of the property. Mainly laid out to lawn and patio area to the rear.

No surveys’ have been carried out. The drawings do not list any structural support and have been done on a free download program from the internet.

lesley1
Labourer
Labourer

by lesley1 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:41 pm

Having used an Architect for our current project which has turned out to be an expensive disaster I am very wary of architects any way. I believe you can use an architectural technologist to draw up the plans, they are qualified to do so and would definately be a cheaper option. Good luck

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:43 pm

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:50 am