Please solve damp mystery
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Bluesammy
Labourer
Labourer

Please solve damp mystery

by Bluesammy » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:07 pm

So the cursed cupboard as i now call it has been a problem for a while. It lies under a roof terrace and for a while i assumed that therein lay the problem. After great difficulty re-felting the roof and then moving an outlet pipe that ran through the cupboard it seemed the problem had dissapeared. But having put plasterboard back into the cupboard it soon became damp and now totally covered in mould. This seems a bit excessive to be caused by just condensation though perhaps i should get a de-humidifier? Could it be leftover moisture in the walls that is now spreading. The wood below the roof is rotten and the whole cupboard is now dangerously mouldy. Help please!!! Happy to answer any questions.

Perry525
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Perry525 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:51 pm

Your problem is caused by either, water vapour in the air, leaking roof or pipes or gutters or rain moving through the roof or walls or rising damp.

Describe the location. Is the cupboard in the home?
Is it part of the home, but outside?
What sort of walls?
If the roof is dangerously mouldy why is it still in use?

Bluesammy
Labourer
Labourer

by Bluesammy » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:00 am

Thanks Perry

Its an interior cupboard in a bedroom below the roof terrace. The walls are brick. There are water pipes running down the cupboard but have had the roof terrace and pipes re-done since the problem first occurred 2 years ago.

Is it possible its just from condensation and initial damp in the walls that was never properly got rid of?

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:36 am