Plumbers Training School - Some Advice and Assistance Required
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
greengrass
Foreman
Foreman

Plumbers Training School - Some Advice and Assistance Required

by greengrass » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:48 pm

Plumbers training school.
Property Bungalow 1978, Location airing cupboard in shower room. Original to moving in 2004 with the noted changes. Guess circa 1980’s original fit. Old pipes removed when new boiler fitted appeared very clean.
Central heating and hot water layout in the ‘Plubmers training workshop airing cupboard.
Changed:Potterton neat heat to Potterton condensing Primax , Both Motorized valves? Circa 2006 top one ‘Sunvic’ bottom ‘Satchwell’ written across the front window on it. Blue pump changed 2011. Hot water tank 2011.
Existing all pipe work that’s painted Red Danfoss pump haven’t a clue what for don’t hink it was for a shower in same room new shower picked up original water feeds.
Kitchen about 36mt away may be for that but the red pump gate valves top closed and turns a little but that’s ‘play’. The feed in pipe hot feed or out flow cold so obviously shut off. The cable shows no current which if the pump has a flow switch should show current but it doesn’t. I don’t want to look in the congested control box as it might cause more problems not covered by my British Gas insurance. I’ve seen neater pipe work in a helicopter. I daren’t show ‘elf and safety’ they might insist on the cupboard being sealed up as a hazard. I take it the brass fitting on top of the blue pump pipe is an auto air bleed valve.
One last point hearing a ‘rushing ‘ sound in a radiator does that mean restricted flow through insufficient cleaning or a good sound saying ‘I’m clean’ noise.?
Many thanks and apologize in advance if its waffling.
Hopefully there will be pics had trouble resizing .
Attachments
My guess the tutor looked at it and said to the trainee sucking air through his teeth 'that'll do'.
My guess the tutor looked at it and said to the trainee sucking air through his teeth 'that'll do'.
IMG_0004 resized 2.jpg (16.31 KiB) Viewed 2137 times

proptech
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Plumbers Training School - Some Advice and Assistance Required

by proptech » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:53 am

Hi greengrass
congratulations on getting that photo resized. It's a problem I have too, in fact I try to avoid posting photos if I can, I've not done it on this forum. So the problem now is that I can't zoom in, and see it.
If you can do anything about that, or tell me if I'm doing something wrong, then we can go through your cupboard and sort it out. Waffling.... what's wrong with that ? A little light hearted discussion can go a long way on a forum.
Perhaps the mods can advise us both on photo posting.

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

by TheDoctor4 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:40 am

HI Guys

Apologies for the difficulties with resizing images - To avoid going off-topic for this thread, Greengrass if you could drop me a mail on web@diydoctor.org.uk with any info concerning the difficulties you have had resizing images I will look into it for you and see if I can organise a better solution.

Kind Regards

greengrass
Foreman
Foreman

by greengrass » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:00 pm

No proptech its definitely me made it too small, I am green how so features on computers work but am going to try a couple of more moves, if successful will relay all results in another posting under 'Plumbers training school prt 2',
Its obvious I downsized far too much getting grumpy after trying three times.
If it doesn't work I'll got to the Doctor for a 'how to' brain transplant. ( see his answer) and relay the results.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1