Plumbing a caravan
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Newbee
Tradesman
Tradesman

Plumbing a caravan

by Newbee » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:48 pm

Hi there, sorry for starting another topic but I need advice and wasn't sure if my last post would be noticed.
I almost got all the parts but where I'm stuck is the blue pipe connections, I was in B&Q and as usual there hadn't been a plumbing advisor in all day.
I need a fitting to join to 15 mm plastic, i think its a 25x15, it has a black thread at one end but can I figure out how to connect to the plastic 15mm.
Also i have a Polyplumb brass drain and I'm going to fit it to a plumbeasy 15mm T-piece are they compatible?

Thanks in advance, I'm starting this weekend and there's a frenzy of DIY plumbing going on at the moment form which I've picked up some tips.

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:21 am

Haven't you done that caravan yet? You'll have missed the good weather and be packing up for winter just now. Ho ho.

Anyway, you need one of these

http://www.awin1.com/awclick.php?mid=12 ... rods/65438

fitted in the 20mm end of one of these.

http://www.awin1.com/awclick.php?mid=12 ... rods/14632

and the drain tap, well I think so.

Why don't you go to a proper plumber's merchant, they will be much more helpful.

Newbee
Tradesman
Tradesman

by Newbee » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:40 pm

Hi there Plumbob, well I'm nearly finished, still to fit a 50mm vent pipe and the systern has a small leak inside which I could tighten a little or use some tape, some of the stance holders may have an issue with certification including myself as this was a requirement by Scottish Water prior to connecting up the services (fit to be connected) Theres an approved plumber that stays there but he won't certifcate any vans that he hasn't done any work to, probably, hopefully, this matter won't arise.

Thanks for the advice

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:39 am