Plumbing questions.
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Broggie
Labourer
Labourer

Plumbing questions.

by Broggie » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:55 pm

The first one about my own house.

Replaced my hot water tank, flushed system, refilled...I'm getting a tapping noise from the water pump although I have bled all the radiators...any ideas.

second question about a friends house. They have a downstairs bathroom and want to move the bathroom upstairs. The original downstairs bathroom would then be used to extend their pitifully small kitchen. Is it ok to run a soil pipe down through the floor from upstairs to join up with the original toilet outlet in the old bathroom floor, as digging concrete up round the side of the house could be a bit of a pain....or does the soil pipe have to exit the room the toilet is in immediately to outside and down the wall.

Many thanks for your help.

Ray.

collectors
Foreman
Foreman

by collectors » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:51 am

1. If its a metal tinker-ling sound? Its quite likely to be a bit of solder gone into the system.

2. As long as its a good run without loads of bends & you fit a Air Admittance Valve (durgo valve) in the upper bathroom to allow air into the pipe & avoid suction of water out the traps. It shouldn't be a problem. Also when the pipe is boxed in, allow enough room for some soundproofing material & any access points for roding.

jibba_jabba
Labourer
Labourer

by jibba_jabba » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:38 pm

Pump may need bleeding aswell, big screw on top of the pump release slightly to allow air to escape, make sure pump off when bleeding even when doing the rads..

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1