DIY Doctor


Postby BRIDGY » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:52 pm

:( Ex tenant has left severe water leak problem in kitchen seems to be caused by an unknown device attached to cold water pipe , it a small cylinder with "lime clear" printed on it attached to pipe badly or incorrectly and spewing out water, any one tell me what its for, thanks
Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:41 pm


Simply Build It

Postby stevenc1603 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:56 pm

Sounds like a water softener?
Rank: Ganger
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 11:59 am

Postby htg engineer » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:31 pm

It'll be a water softener/limescale reducer.

They are installed to stop appliances that heat water from becoming furred up with limescale. Such as washing machines, dishwashers and boilers.

Shouldn't be too hard to fix - or remove and replace 15mm pipe.
htg engineer
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 3256
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics