DIY Doctor

Main navigation


Postby colin123 » Thu May 24, 2007 11:00 am

hi all.
i have been having problems with my boiler making a noise and the overflow pipe pouring out hot water from tank in loft..a heating engineer came out and said i have a section off blocked pipe. he thinks its lime scale and sludge..will a product like fernox flush out the blockage or will i need a plumber to replace part of my pipes any advice will be appreciated..
Many Thanks
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 10:52 am


Simply Build It

Postby htg engineer » Thu May 24, 2007 4:28 pm

are you getting heating and hot water ? if so probably faulty boiler thermostat, the tank will bve boiling over and the water will be discharged down the overflow pipe, cant see any pipes being blocked if heating and water are working.
htg engineer
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 3256
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics