Polyflor Vinyl Plank Advice On Primer And Adhesive To Use
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
keean1234
Labourer
Labourer

Polyflor Vinyl Plank Advice On Primer And Adhesive To Use

by keean1234 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:21 pm

Hi I have purchased the above flooring for a small bathroom approx 8m sq. I have put plywood down and now ready to prep. However need advice on primer and adhesive. The website suggests I need F Bond F74 or F81 and Stopgap P131 however these are really expensive and for such a small area need only a small amount. Surely there is a cheaper alternative that can be used in a moisture environment?

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks
Michelle

thedoctor

Re: Polyflor Vinyl Plank Advice On Primer And Adhesive To Use

by thedoctor » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:17 pm

Hi, good quality vinyl planks can be laid directly onto plywood using only a good quality vinyl adhesive which can go directly onto an unprimed surface. The backing on the plank flooring may come into play here also. Your best bet is to take a plank down to your local carpet and flooring shop (not a diy store or shed) and ask their advice for your particular plank flooring. One very important thing though is that the floor must be absolutely flat and smooth with all joints and screw/nails holes filled and sanded down.It does not matter how good the vinyl is, if the floor is not smooth eventually the imperfections will show through. Please do let us know how you get on (post pictures if you ike) as this may help others in your situation.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:20 am