Polypipe underfloor heating manifold leaking on the isolation valves when pressurised

Postby Jaime Hewitt » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:40 pm

Hi lads. I've got a problem with the isolation valves leaking and losing pressure on the underfloor heating that I've put together with the help of my mate who's a plumber. We put it all together, fibre washers in all of them. Left it pressurised over night. I came back the next morning and there was a big puddle under the manifold and all the joints had drips under them. All the joints were as tight as they could be. We've tried doubling up on fibre washers and ptfe! I've changed the iso valves aswell and it's still leaking! I would appreciate massively any advice anyone has. Or if they've faced similar problems with undefloor heating. Its a polypipe push fit system by the way. Cheers.
Jaime Hewitt
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!