Pond from the begining
Find information and help on all aspects of your garden pond e.g maintenance, pond life, construction etc....

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jimbojones
Labourer
Labourer

Pond from the begining

by jimbojones » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:32 pm

Hi

I would like to add a pond to my garden but not having done anything like this before I have no idea where to start. Has anyone out there been through this process before and have a list of steps to work through in order to see my idea through to the end?

Cheers

Fabian T-mobile
Labourer
Labourer

by Fabian T-mobile » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:56 pm

Saw this video, not sure if it will help at all, you've probably already got your pond sorted by now but in case you haven't and still needed a little advice, have a look.

http://www.youtube.com/user/pondmarket# ... SoWTCftee8

Sofarris
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Pond from the begining

by Sofarris » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:37 am

I don't have an exhaustive step by step guide but one thing I know from experience is please make sure it is level lengthways as well as widthways. My husband excitedly dug ours and ensured it was completely level across its entire width. Happy with the finished product he filled it with water only to realise he had forgotten check whether it was level across it's length too. The plants have grown and hide most of the unevenness now but it would be better if it was level.

GettingThere
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Pond from the begining

by GettingThere » Wed May 25, 2016 7:23 am

I know that this is an old post, just wanted to know if you proceeded with it? If you did, how did it go? Do you have pictures of your pond? I am thinking of building one in my house, so I would be happy to get some advice.
Thanks in advance!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:04 am