Porch and damp proofing
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
WAZZY786
Labourer
Labourer

Porch and damp proofing

by WAZZY786 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:53 pm

Hi i am currently having my porch extended and dwarf wall have been built to the side to join to the existing house together with row of bricks three high on top of which door will sit. dwarf wall and row at front dont have any gaps (ie cavities filled with bricks).

The bricklayer has however not put any damp proofing down -- he said i dont need it, but i can help thinking otherwise - please help!

ICECOLDMELTZ
Labourer
Labourer

by ICECOLDMELTZ » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:11 pm

The three Brick high' you mention' to which the door frame will sit, does indeed need a damp course. also when the joiner installs the door frame, If it is timber, would normally tack a dpc to the frame. as for the dwarf wall that will be tied in to the porch with 9'' construction. With the norm half bond. hope this helps !

dcmoore
Ganger
Ganger

free advice

by dcmoore » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:16 pm

Take a look at any one of our damp projects and ring the phone number for Property Repair Systems. They give free, no obligation advice and we recommend them. They will tell you what you need to do (if anything) and will also be able to supply you with anything you need to do it with but will certainly not try to sell you anything you don't need

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:53 am