Porch with lowered internal door - can I remove the porch?
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Cread13
Labourer
Labourer

Porch with lowered internal door - can I remove the porch?

by Cread13 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:55 pm

Hi there,

My house was built in 1893 and I think is really quite pretty BUT is has a fairly unsightly uPVC porch added to the front. The porch not only looks horrible but also gets damp in winter and I think also let's a lot of cold into the house as I don't think it's insulated and there is a lot of glass but the internal door (which would have been the front door previously) is not just a wood and glass internal door.

I thought about just ripping the porch off or replacing it with a nice open timber one and then re-installing a proper front door again but when the porch was added, they also raised the driveway so now there are 2 steps down once you open the porch door into the house. If I take the porch off or open it up, is it going to cause issues with having 2 steps down to the front door being exposed to all weathers? Rain? Are there any solutions? I do think I am going to have to do something in the next couple of years as the damp gets worse each year and it can make it a bit cold!

Any thoughts welcome.

Thanks

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Porch with lowered internal door - can I remove the porch?

by stoneyboy » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:58 pm

Hi cread13
From you description you will have little choice but to fit another porch.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:47 am