Possible air lock(?)
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Catterick
Labourer
Labourer

Possible air lock(?)

by Catterick » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:45 pm

Having drained Indirect central heating system and identified that a 3-way motorised valve was required and which is now fitted and wired correctly, I cannot re-fill my radiators! The Water pump is ok and thermostats work ok. But attempting to refill system is impossible.Any iddeas please?
Many thanks.

Catterick.

DAVE125
Labourer
Labourer

by DAVE125 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:07 pm

try putting the 3pt valve manual override (usually on the actuator its a small leaver you can pull across)

marrtin
Foreman
Foreman

by marrtin » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:42 pm

Check this topic out

[url]https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7011[/url]

Catterick
Labourer
Labourer

Possible Air lock(?)

by Catterick » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:20 pm

Many thanks for suggestion...but have already done that and water from Supply/header tank still does not allow water to replenish the system i.e. all radiators.
I am now of the opinion that there may be debris in the supply pipe from the header tank and will attempt to "rod" this pipe from the top (from access via the header tank) and then remove the pump and "rod" from access at this point also. I intend to use a flexible "waste-pipe" wire to attempt this task.
Would appreciate your comments.
Many thanks.

Catterick.

marrtin
Foreman
Foreman

by marrtin » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:05 am

Try a plunger on the feed where it leaves the tank. Better still, use a hosepipe to force water into feed.

You don't by any chance have an isolator valve from the tank that has not opened up properly? Just had that in another post here.

Catterick
Labourer
Labourer

Possible air lock(?)

by Catterick » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:18 pm

So very grateful for your concern and reply!! Yes, I had done that - also "rodded" with one of those flexible waist pipe coiled wires, both from the header/feed tank until it would go no further and then from below by removing the pump and "rodding" from that position (having drained the header/feed tank first). But there is something up there that just won't move. So have reluctantly called in a plumber - he is being really good by coming today and I expect him at 2:30pm. I think the answer is to remove a section of copper pipe containing the offending "blockage"and replace it with a new section.

But this site is really great and I do appreciate the responses to my questions.

Many thanks once again, greatly appreciated.

Regards

Catterick.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1