Possible blocked pipe from water tank to bathroom
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
chrisH
Apprentice
Apprentice

Possible blocked pipe from water tank to bathroom

by chrisH » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:39 pm

Hello, wonder if anyone has a good idea what to do about the following. Over the last couple of days, I have noticed that the pressure on my cold water tap in the bathroom has been reducing and at the same time, the toilet in the same room seems to be taking a very long time to fill up. Last night water completely stopped coming out of the tap.

I live at the top of a converted Victorian house. The cold water tank is in the loft above the bathroom and seems to be filling up ok.

Is it likely that there is a blockage in the pipe to my bathroom cold tap? If so, is there any smart way to clear it, or is it best to call in a plumber?

Cheers

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

by chris_on_tour2002 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:09 pm

could be a blockage but its quite unlikely. could be an airlock. or could another resident in the block have been tampering with it, perhaps to isolate the supply to carry out a repair? do the obvious first before calling a plumber, check all isolator valves and gate valves are open, those coming off the tank and those at the appliances. without seeing its hard to say, eliminate the obvious then call a plumber if no joy.

chrisH
Apprentice
Apprentice

by chrisH » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:39 am

Thanks - it shouldn't be another resident, as I am the only one with access to the loft - it's a converted Victorian house.

I'll check all the valves, but can't see how they would suddenly close.

Is it likely to be an airlock on the cold water tap? If so, is the easiest way to cure it to connect the hot tap to the cold along these lines:

https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/curingairlock.htm

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:49 pm