possible damp issues
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jasont82
Apprentice
Apprentice

possible damp issues

by jasont82 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:18 pm

hi there

im having alot of mould growing on the ceiling of our bathroom. we clean it off but it just comes back again. the walls are tiled to the ceiling so it seams to be just on the ceiling but around the window isnt tiled and has also got mould growing on it. the flat was built in 2003 we moved in march 08 so this is our first winter. theres also mould in the bedroom behind the bed side table in the corner. theres also mould starting to grow on the ceiling and around the window. all our windows have condesation on the inside and it has made all the seals in the window mouldy.

i know nothing about mould or how it is caused. i have read a few other posts about just airing the flat out more. would the air outside not be more damp that the air inside? so would i not be bringing in more damp air to circulate around, then get absorbed into the walls?

kind regards jason [/img]

jasont82
Apprentice
Apprentice

by jasont82 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:22 pm

also wondering if the flat wasnt damp proofed properly when it was built as it was only built in 2003. if this is the case what course of action would i take? would i have to use my insurance to get it fixed? would i sue the builder? would i just get the builder back to fix it? is there some sort of builders 5 year gaurentee or something? or once its built and signed off, the builder has no responsibility for his work?

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:46 am

If you type the key words of your question into our search box to the left of the site you may find the answer is already posted or is in the DIY projects section of the website. Every post goes through a monitoring process and using the search box may speed up your answer.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:23 pm