Soundproof Party Wall Using Genie Clips and Resilient Bars
Information, help and tips on many areas of roofing including trusses, tiling, venting, insulation etc....

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
markbuild
Labourer
Labourer

Soundproof Party Wall Using Genie Clips and Resilient Bars

by markbuild » Fri May 18, 2018 11:26 am

Hi,really looking for some advice on soundproofing my party wall. Have neighbours who are very nice etc but I can hear their tv and conversations. I have found a million and one sites that seem to offer great solutions. It seems to me that the one thing you need to use is a resilient layer and not connected to the original wall. I have been investigating Genie Clips and Resilient bars. Does any one have any experience using these. Or any other help you might offer. The alternative seems to me stick on panels. Thanks in advance M.

gowman
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Soundproof Party Wall Using Genie Clips and Resilient Bars

by gowman » Tue May 22, 2018 1:37 pm

Hi. Did this a while back, chose the Genieclip system as it performed better than resilient bar, and wasnt much more expensive. Dont forget you have to use furring strips with the Genieclips. It was pretty easy to fit.
The stick on idea you mention is also good, if you are short of space, but as we had some room to spare, we wanted the highest performance we could get so went with Genie system. Good luck! G.

markbuild
Labourer
Labourer

by markbuild » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:06 am

Many Thanks G and sorry haven't got back for a bit, but project has been on hold while other works have been done. We are rather short of space so can these genie clips go straight onto the party wall. You also mentioned a thinner stick on solution, could you pass any info over on that please ? Still probably not going to start till after summer but to get any ideas in now will be most helpful, many thanks in advance M.

gowman
Labourer
Labourer

by gowman » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:07 pm

Hi Markbuild, since previous post I have used a product called SM20 which was a 20mm thick rubber panel. Cant remember where I got them!. But they were really pretty good. So between the two I reckon that the SM10 is a bit easier for the first timer as less parts.

markbuild
Labourer
Labourer

by markbuild » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:53 am

Fantastic Gowman I've found the product and have spoken to the company and very helpful. Will attach link below.

https://www.soundstop.co.uk/soundproofi ... ution4.php

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:20 am