Potential moisture under laminate flooring
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
callum534
Labourer
Labourer

Potential moisture under laminate flooring

Post by callum534 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:50 pm

So, i purchased my first apartment in march this year, noticed months ago that a few of the bathroom tiles had sunk a little so i removed the bath panel to see if there was a leak and behold, there was. The wooden boards under the bath were soft so i fixed the leak and decided to see if it would dry out and it did, the wood hardened again however it doesnt look too pretty but at least i cant smell mold. Now i finally got around to the sunken tile problem, well, i had a workman come over to have a look and quote me, turns out after lifting a few tiles that the wood underneath has rotted and turned into mush, stinks of mold because i guess the moisture couldnt escape through tiles like it did underneath the bath. So if the moisture has spread underneath the stud wall and into the floor boards underneath my laminate flooring, will it be able to dry out of its own accord like the boards underneath the bath? Please note that i had the property painted when i moved in months ago and apart from the moldy smell that came from lifting the bathroom tiles and removing the rotted wood underneath there is no smell anywhere else and mold has not crept up the walls anywhere, theyre painted crystal white so itd be instantly noticeable.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:34 am