potterton performa 24 pressure gauge leak
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jaysta
Apprentice
Apprentice

potterton performa 24 pressure gauge leak

by jaysta » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:48 am

hi guys,

sorry to see there's so many of us having heating trouble at winter time

hoping someone can put me in the right direction here

i've come home today and found the c/h pressure at 0.5bar. immediately i've gone round all the rads and looked at ceilings to see where it must have leaked, nowhere. came back to boiler and noticed the boiler had leaked itself. a couple of days ago i had been trying to get a sunvic tlxrfp programmer working and i had to keep on lifting the control box up and down to get the cable wired in.

now i think this has caused a break of some sort in the capillary pipe that leads to the pressure gauge near to where it goes into the pressure guage. this is the only place where i can see the dark water coming from... nowhere else at all.

i know the part is available but i'm not clear on whether the pressure guage comes with the capillary pipe or not.

does anyone know?

any help or advice is greatly appreciated

thanks for your time, hope everyone had a nice xmas and all the best for the new year. :)

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:02 pm

Buy a new pressure gauge - pretty sinple to fit. And yes it will come with a new sensing tube.

htg

jaysta
Apprentice
Apprentice

by jaysta » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:16 am

hey htg,

thanks for your help. i got the new pressure gauge on saturday, drained the boiler that night. sunday i fit the new part, repressurised and turned heatin back on. left heating on for a good hour or so and no leaks... well chuffed!

thanks again :)

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1