Power shower - really bad smell from water
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
KerriBlue
Labourer
Labourer

Power shower - really bad smell from water

by KerriBlue » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:28 pm

Has anyone come across this ? _ I have a bath jacuzzi shower combination that are fed by a twin pump (watermill)
Although I have used steralising tablets and special jacuzzi cleaner for hours on end there is a really bad smell from the water coming out of the taps or shower head. especially as the weather get warmer. Could this be somthing in the pump itself ?
:?

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:16 pm

It is unlikely the pump is at fault as it only contains a nylon impeller in a metal or plastic housing.

Have you inspected the header tank/s in the loft to make sure the lids are on correctly and no debris has collected inside?

KerriBlue
Labourer
Labourer

by KerriBlue » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:15 pm

Checked it - ok . But looking closer I now realize the smell is coming from the bath plug hole. I will put bleach or something stronger down. Thanks for the quick reply

EyeTry
Tradesman
Tradesman

by EyeTry » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:02 pm

Just a thought - do you twist the jet nozzles to different positions / angles to ensure the cleansing agents get to those parts?

There is a fair old pressure being pumped to the jacuzzi nozzles so have you checked to make sure there is no seepage from any joints in the circuitry - especially behind the bath panels? Having said that I would have expected there to be a smell all the time - a damp, musty smell... . Good luck anyway, EyeTry

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:50 am