All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Rupkali
Labourer
Labourer

Powershower - No cold water coming through

by Rupkali » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:46 pm

Hi

I have no cold water coming through our Powershower. There is cold water coming through all the cold taps in the bathroom - sink and bath.

We have a Stuart Turner Showermate twin pump.

The problem has happened since I changed a tap washer on the cold water tap (bathroom sink).

In doing this I drained the cold water tank. Didn't intend to but I didn't seem to be able to turn off the outlet tap which was on a lower pipe exiting the cold water tank. Perhaps, I couldn't turn this off because we have a Powershower.

I suspect I should have isolated the Pump when draining the tank and that I have now introduced air into the pump on the cold water side.

My question - am I able to release the air from the cold water side of this pump easily.

Clearly from my error of draining the cold water tank I am not very capable at DIY. It maybe an air lock isn't the issue at all but from what I have read this morning on the Net, it seems a plausible cause.

Any help much appreciated.

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

by chris_on_tour2002 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:10 pm

try loosening the thread on the pipe connecting the pump to the shower with the pump on, that might let the air out. be warned though - the pump could activate at any given moment! so be ready and have someone on standby to trip the isolator switch.

Rupkali
Labourer
Labourer

by Rupkali » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:31 pm

Thank you very much - all sorted with venting the pump.

cheers.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:38 am