Preparing for painting after removing wall paper
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Mahdi1674
Labourer
Labourer

Preparing for painting after removing wall paper

Post by Mahdi1674 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:08 pm

Hello everyone, I began to remove my wall paper today using water and detergent solution and an orbital scorer. However it was peeled of some of the plaster behind it and I wanted To paint the wall however i don’t think I can since the wall is uneven. How would I proceed before deciding to paint the wall?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Timbo32
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Preparing for painting after removing wall paper

Post by Timbo32 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:35 am

Hi Mahdi,

Whenever it comes to decorating, all the hard work is in the preparation of the surfaces in which your looking to decorate. My suggestion would be to use some fine sand paper to rub down any lumps or bumps, and filler to fill any holes or small cracks ( these will need a rub down once the filler is dry) the aim of the game is to get the surface as flat as you can before opening the tin of paint. Using a light against the wall at an angle will highlight most of the blemishes that you will probably want to work out. If you can feel that the surface is uneven then it is most likely you’ll be able to see it once it has been painted. Hope this helps.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:02 pm