Preparing Walls for Painting After Removing Stubborn Painted Wallpaper
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
MattGrover
Labourer
Labourer

Preparing Walls for Painting After Removing Stubborn Painted Wallpaper

Post by MattGrover » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:08 pm

Hi All,

I'm getting started on the process of re-doing my bathroom. I've stripped the painted wallpaper off which was particularly stubborn and has taken some of the paint underneath with it exposing bare plaster.

Also there are a few places where the plaster is damaged, around drill points, or more significantly where the basin and splash back tiles were, taking a lot of plaster with them and revealing the wall beneath.

I've been looking for some information about how best to deal with this, but most videos around seem to deal with only minor cracks etc, or are US and drywall (apart from a couple of Lath & Plaster ones I've seen).

Basically, before I go any further, any tips on how to deal with the surface where the flaked and bubbled paint is, can I sand down and paint over or do I need to strip back ALL the paint?

The large damaged area (and indeed some of the smaller ones), will something like Polycell Plaster Repair do the job here?

And what would be recommended for the vertical crack in the corner?

Is this salvageable or does it need more extensive work?

This is the first time I'm attempting work on this scale so I appreciate any input and replies.

Many thanks

Matt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:10 pm