Pressure decreasing every day ever since radiator reattached
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Pika123
Labourer
Labourer

Pressure decreasing every day ever since radiator reattached

by Pika123 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:25 pm

Hello! Please can someone help me with this? :)

I had a single radiator removed and reattached about a week ago (as part of decorating job) - when they were doing this they increased the boiler pressure back to usual (1.5) and all appeared fine - hot water / heating (including reattached radiator) worked OK

But ever since then, the pressure on my boiler has been decreasing every day by betwen 0.5 and 1 and I keep having to top it up when it hits 0.5 - as I didn't want it to hit 0 in case the hot water / heating stopped working (previous to this I only needed to increase the pressure approx once a year!) I was waiting for the people who did the radiator to come & check this issue out as soon as they were free.

Unfortunately today I couldn't increase the pressure at all - I have a combi boiler with flexible pipe & black valve key which is what I normally use but when I turn it today the pressure does not increase (normally it makes a shhh sound while it's increasing but now it makes this sound only for a second then goes silent) So I'm worried that the pressure may drop to 0 and everything stops working completely before they come.

Any ideas on why both issues above happened / how to fix gratefully received, many thanks.

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Steve the gas » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:45 am

Hi Pika,

If you feel able, you could detach one end of the filling loop to check it's operation - into a bucket/ bowl. Water should flow when you open the thumb valve!
Check that no water is escaping out of the PRV outside pipe?

Hth

nitro23456
Foreman
Foreman

by nitro23456 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:04 pm

no leaks near the radiator?

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1