pressure valve on condensing boiler
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
nobsters
Labourer
Labourer

pressure valve on condensing boiler

by nobsters » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:37 pm

I have a worcester r28 condenser boiler, since September i have to continually add water to keep the pressure bar in the green, there are no obvious leaks anywhere, when topped up, the pressure stays in the green triangle for about 3 days, then dips just below, it doesn't appear to lose pressure completely, although i keep topping up as obviously don't want the pressure to drop right down. Any ideas?

peter the plumber
Ganger
Ganger

by peter the plumber » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:32 pm

I don’t know the Worcester r28 very well, but I am sure you have a fault.

The problem is that people hide pipe work these days and it’s hard to see were the leak is.

I think it could be one of the solder joints, but it means having a good look at all of them.

I am sure the problem is on the ground floor, other wise you would have seen the water damage by now and found the cause.

I’m just spinning the boiler round in my head to see if there a water drain off valve or a pressure relieve valve in there.

You need to get someone out to have a look at it.

marrtin
Foreman
Foreman

by marrtin » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:24 pm

Trouble is, it may not be an obvious leak. So little water lost is required to drop the pressure, and most of it is probably evaporating anyway with the heating being on.

Go round and check everything you can very carefully because the sure thing is, water is escaping somewhere.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:36 pm