Preventing Bathroom Mould in new Bathroom
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Samuel193
Labourer
Labourer

Preventing Bathroom Mould in new Bathroom

by Samuel193 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:24 pm

Hey guys, we've almost completed our new bathroom and I have some concerns about mould. There is no mould present at the moment as we treated the little that was on the walls and painted over the stains. we also removed the old sealant which was a rot with mould and used anti mould sealent for our new bath/shower. Aside from not drying towels on radiators and using the extractor when taking a shower, is there anything else I can do to prevent bathroom mould? I want to keep our new bathroom mould free for as long as possible.

collectors
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Preventing Bathroom Mould in new Bathroom

by collectors » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:44 am

Good ventilation will help. I found when i revamped one of the bathrooms, i doubled the size of the radiator & we don't get mold anymore, but the bathroom is a lot hotter. The good ventilation part is good, but you need a good rad to keep up with the air being sucked out. Catch 22.
Also, bathrooms that are on the north side "cold" of a house are are more prone to this problem.
One other thing that will help is a low level vent in the door to get more air flow as your fan will be sucking on a vacuum when the door is shut.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:59 am