DIY Doctor

Preventing Wall Vent From Making Room Draughty

Postby Hms151291 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:36 pm

Hi

My daughters bedroom has a fixed wall vent (image won't uplad) that has previously been covered due to the fact it blows in so much cold air its like having the window wide open. I was wondering if anyone had a better solution as to what i can do to make it less drafty?
Thanks

Hannah
Hms151291
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby ericmark » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:14 am

It depends on how much money you want to spend, there are now heat recovery units made to fit a 6" hole in the wall, so air going out heats air coming into the room.

But one has to be careful draft proofing, as it can mean using a tumble drier and draw fumes into the rooms from gas and solid fuel fires.

In the main to get a lot of air through vents means there is some thing else in the home causing it, for example if you have an extractor in bathroom the air it pumps out must come in the house from some where.
ericmark

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!