All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Rastanking
Tradesman
Tradesman

Private water supply

Post by Rastanking » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:55 pm

Hi everyone,

A few months ago when I was installing some new kitchen units I noticed a blue plastic pipe poking out of the solid floor, the pipe is about 1/2"-3/4" in diameter and was wondering if.

a) this was a water pipe so that we could have our own water supply and if so

b) how can I trace this pipe to its start

Any help that you could give would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:36 pm

What do you mean by 'this was a water pipe so that we could have our own water supply and if so'

Surely you have a water supply already ?

To trace the start, you'll have an external stop tap.

Blue pipe is definitely water, although beware not all DIY-ers stick to colour codes/regulations.

Rastanking
Tradesman
Tradesman

Post by Rastanking » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:32 pm

Hi,

What I was asking by 'this was a water pipe so that we could have our own water supply and if so' was is this a water supply pipe as I cannot trace it due to us having solid floors. We can have our own water supply pipe as one of the houses on our street already does.

Yes we do already have a water supply but this is a common supply that runs from one end of the street to the other, actually through the walls of the houses, and a lot of the time the flow rates are really poor.

We live in a terrace house with no front garden so how do I find the external stop cock myself or do I need the water company to find it for me?

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:29 pm