Pro Combi Boiler Turns Itself off Every so Often?
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
williamika1
Labourer
Labourer

Pro Combi Boiler Turns Itself off Every so Often?

by williamika1 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:39 am

Hi
I have a Pro Combi boiler which switches off every so often, i.e. the red indicator light comes on and the boiler isn't running.
If I switch the boiler off at the wall socket, wait a few minutes,then turn it back on again, it will fire up but the problem will reoccur a few hours or days later.
Someone suggested that I tap the "filter" container on the left hand side of the boiler and this will help remove any air locks or blockages.
I have done this and it does seem to work in the short term.
Does anyone know more about this problem?

thedoctor

Re: Pro Combi Boiler Turns Itself off Every so Often?

by thedoctor » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:55 am

Hi William,

We do not have any of our own heating engineers on the books any longer so I have emailed one of our prolific forum posters to see if he has an answer for you. Hopefully something will be forthcoming soon.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Pro Combi Boiler Turns Itself off Every so Often?

by htg engineer » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:40 am

When the boiler is sitting with the red indicator light on, is there anything else showing on the display, any letters or numbers?

Can you hear anything when this happens, is the pump or fan running? it sounds as if there's something sticking intermittently.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1