Problem - One Way Lighting Switch
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
diy_david
Labourer
Labourer

Problem - One Way Lighting Switch

Post by diy_david » Sat May 12, 2007 3:25 pm

Hi,

I've been doing our house up for a few months now and now we've had it re-plastered etc I'm going around connecting all the lights up.... there lies the problem. Being new to the game I installed a spur for some outside lights, problem being I have the mains cable coming into the switch housing, along with a spur to the light.

I take it I should have had a junction box and ran the lights from the junction, and switch wire to the lamps.

I'm stuck with this wiring now and wondered whether there is a method of creatign the right effect from within the switch and its housing?

I won't do this again, I promise.

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by sparx » Sun May 13, 2007 3:32 pm

Hi when you say 'main cable' in switch do you mean live & neutral from some where else ie lighting point or j.box?
If so no problem, join neutrals in connector in sw. box put live in to Com. and sw. live to light in L1.
However if you have run to an existing light sw. with just one existing cable you are stuffed, as no neutral in box only live in from light & sw.line back to light, should have looked at projects forum first i'm afraid! regards SPARX

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:53 am