Post your questions and get answers concerning many areas of this subject

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
TonySepia
Labourer
Labourer

Problem with a patio door and replacing cylinder

by TonySepia » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:27 am

Hello everyone!

I'm a first-time property buyer, who knows nothing about locks ;)

I've ended up with a patio door lock from a company that (according to what I've heard) went out of business some time ago.

Sadly, it doesn't work from one end - impossible to lock it, so I would like to replace the cylinder.
After removing a screw holding it in place, I was able to move the cylinder from one side of the door to another, but it doesn't ever leave it fully. Why is that? What else could be holding it in place?

Any advice on how to remove it and which lock to choose as a replacement would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,
Tony

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Problem with a patio door and replacing cylinder

by welsh brickie » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:18 pm

Remove the screw holding the lock in position, then insert the key in the lock and turn it lightly pulling it at the same time, I think the key needs to be at the 2 o clock position to be removed, but cant remember exactly.

TonySepia
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Problem with a patio door and replacing cylinder

by TonySepia » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:08 pm

welsh brickie wrote:Remove the screw holding the lock in position, then insert the key in the lock and turn it lightly pulling it at the same time, I think the key needs to be at the 2 o clock position to be removed, but cant remember exactly.

You're a legend, thank you for a logical explanation ;) It must be the lock itself (cylinder) holding itself in!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:32 am