problem with actuator ma1
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
FUBAR
Labourer
Labourer

problem with actuator ma1

by FUBAR » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:46 pm

HI guy's .

Need a bit of Advice/Help ..

Last night my partner heard a very strange buzzing whiring noise coming from what i now know is the "mid position actuator" .
Now before looking or knowing what this was my partner thought she had knocked maybe a lever that is on the side of the unit (little black plastic lever) with the markings "W---M---H" So i thought i thought i'd try moving this lever to another setting it was currently on W so i moved it down with a little force and it made a forceable click and dropped to the H (thinking to myself it gave resistance and maybe i shouldnt have done that ) .
Anyhow we left it over night the buzzing had stopped but this morning we have found we have no hot water or heating (knew i done something wrong and should have looked it up before touching ) so i tried moving the lever back up and now the lever has disappeared into the box itself ..
Now from diving into the net and ready up on thing's here and other site's . i have found the pump is very hot and think this is probably due to what i have done to the actuator (probably now not working ) .
I have looked up the model and found it to be a "drayton mid position actuator MA1" and wanted to know what i need to do to replace it .
Could i isolate the power from main's get a new actuator removing old one replacing the wiring one by one with new unit , Have read that the old unit remove's by clicking a button and it detaches from pipe's but do i need to drain the system first ? as was going to leave the old base and pipes and just replace the plastic unit .
Hope you understand what i have written and look forward to a quick reply if possible .

Btw how would i know wich size it is as i have found a 22 and 28m on sites but nothing on unit that i can see tell's me wich it is ?

toneyt
Tradesman
Tradesman

by toneyt » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:55 pm

you solved it yourself,just get a new actuator and rewire it to the same colours on the old valve click the head on and bingo hot water restored

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1