Problem with Domestic Hot Water
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Exdaddy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Problem with Domestic Hot Water

by Exdaddy » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:12 pm

Today I have had a problem with the domestice hot water, in that it is not getting very hot, only warm.

A few weeks ago when I had the plumber in for another job and he mentioned to me that the 3 port diverter valve appeared to to stuck in position and nothing happened when the arm was moved to the manual position.

However, as I was getting both hot water and central heating, this was not an immediate problem for the moment. If the valve was already faulty and stuck in the mid position (as I had both heating & hot water), I can't see why it would suddenly stop giving hot water.

The system is about 18 years old and the diverter valve is a Honeywell Sundial 3 port diverter, I think it is Y Plan configuration.

I don't know if the valve is faulty, or the actuator, does anyone know how to test this? Also, if the actuator is gone, can this be replaced without draining down the complete system and removing the valve body?

Thanks very much in advance.

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:54 pm

Sounds very much like its the actuator. Yes this is replaceable without draining down or removing the valve itelf. Suggest you ask your plumber who has already seen it to pop back in.

Cheers

Exdaddy
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Exdaddy » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:34 pm

Hi Roseberry,

thanks for your reply. I have bought the unit today and will install if I can ever get to the unit!

Cheers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1