Problem with gas central heating
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
wilro15
Labourer
Labourer

Problem with gas central heating

by wilro15 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:10 pm

Hello

I'm new here and wonder if anyone can help.

We have a gas central heating & hot water system with a back boiler. The boiler is downstairs, the hot water tank is upstairs. There is a room thermostat and a cylinder thermostate. A three way valve (honeywell 4000-3916-003) is there along with a Siemens RWB9 programmer.

The problem is the central heating only comes on if the cylinder stat is calling AND I force the Honeywell valve open using the leaver on the side. As soon as the hot water tank reaches temperature, everything goes off.

The Siemens programmer says the CH should be on but it seems to be impossible to put it on by itself. As far as I can tell the room stat does nothing at all.

Can anyone help?

plastic_man77
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Problem with gas central heating

by plastic_man77 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:09 pm

@ wilro15

The fault could lie with a number of components, namely, the programmer, room thermostat and motorised valve head/actuator.

Electrical testing of components is probably necessary from what you have described in your post, so I'd suggest calling a heating engineer to take a look.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1