All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
DaveLee
Labourer
Labourer

Problem with my water system?

by DaveLee » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:34 am

Hello everybody,

I never had any problems with my water sytem at home, untill I fitted a outside tap which is now connected to my kitchen sink pipework.

Ever since I did that my cold water taps throughout the house have started making an awful noise and spluttering, almost as if there is air in the system the only way I can stop it is by turning the main water feed tap right down. That solves the noise of the taps but then there is hardly any water coming out from the taps (due to me having to turn the main feed right down) and then my toilet starts making a loud vibrating noise when I flush it probably due to it struggling to fill back up.

And I cant flush it or use taps when the washer is going, so I cant win either way I have a problem.

Can anybody help, any ideas?

Cheers.
Dave.

billyboy6
Labourer
Labourer

Water System Problem

by billyboy6 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:18 pm

Hi Dave,

Sounds like you have introduced air into your cold water system. Either air the cold water supply pipework at highest point i.e in attic or fit a Air Admittance Valve which will stop noise pipe vibration etc.

tytherington
Apprentice
Apprentice

by tytherington » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:04 pm

did you nuse one of those self ctting tee or did you turn water and use normall tee ?

tytherington
Apprentice
Apprentice

water probs

by tytherington » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:07 pm

bet u usedba self cuuting tee diy kit ?

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:58 pm