2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Lauraelvin1
Labourer
Labourer

Problem With Shower hot Water Pressure cut out

by Lauraelvin1 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:11 pm

Hi there

Looking for some help please.

We have a Triton T300si. We had a leak in the remote unit. Plumber said it was a problem with the stabiliser so we bought a new one and plumber replaced it.

There is a new problem now. When the shower is switched on, after a few seconds the hot water pressure drops/cuts out totally, something in the remote box sparks, and it switches itself from the 'high' setting on the main shower unit to 'cold'.

It then won't let you change it up to high again (not that the water was ever hot anyway). All this happens within a few seconds of putting it on, and the water pressure drop/spark at same time.

Plumber insisted 'I've fixed the leak' (which is true) but can't offer any real solutions to lack of hot water.

For what it's worth, he says he thinks it is tripping out because some electrical parts in the shower have been damaged by water. He doesn't know what bit and we can't tell by looking.

Fyi when it was just leaking (pre new stabiliser) it wasn't tripping out or hot water pressure dropping/cutting out - the shower worked hot, it was just leaking.

Please help!

Ps. Has plumber caused this new problem?

KitchenGuy
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Problem With Shower hot Water Pressure cut out

by KitchenGuy » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:09 am

Hi, I have had this problem occur in a number of showers, ironically including a Triton T300i. Most showers have a low pressure cut off to protect the shower in the event of there being not enough water to protect the element. But this device is a bit misleading as it rarely cuts out due to low pressure but more often to inadequate flow. If you are in a low mains pressure area you will be more vulnerable to low flow occurring.

Try putting the outlet pipe in the tray and running it without the shower head and if it doesn't cut out it's almost certainly some sort of impediment to flow of the water. This does not rule out bad flow but can be indicator.The first thing you can do is to check any isolating valves connected to the shower are fully on. Also the plumber may have fitted one to ease repair. In my experience an ordinary isolating valve does not allow enough flow of water for a shower unless you have quite high mains pressure and I always use the full bore type isolating valve. If there is an obstruction in the flow elsewhere in the pipe or in the shower unit this may be a bit more tricky to find but straightforward for a plumber.

Hope this helps.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:38 pm