problem with the ceiling light i fitted
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mariodillon
Labourer
Labourer

problem with the ceiling light i fitted

by mariodillon » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:38 am

I installed a ceiling light according to the instructions,but everytime i turn off the switch , the light of all the house goes off.
Is the light is working when is on. why does the interruptor in the fuse box, goes off everytime i turn off the light?

ericmark

by ericmark » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:32 pm

I will guess you have got the neutral and switch wires mixed up and when you turn off the light you are placing a direct short across the lighting circuit. Normally the Red or Brown wires in a ceiling rose do not go direct to the lamp. The lamp is fed from two Black or Blue wires one should have a Red or Brown sleeve or tape on it. If as many seem to do you have connected your lamp to Red or Brown and Black or Blue and also connected to switch wire i.e. wire with sleeve or tape on it with other Blacks or Blues then it will behave as you have related. If you have lost the sleeve or tape off the wire it is not that easy to sort out which it is and you may be better getting an electrician to do it.

Yours Eric

mariodillon
Labourer
Labourer

by mariodillon » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:07 pm

Thanks i will try to sort them out, if i can not make it, i will writte again
Thank you

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:01 pm