Problems with damp spots on interior wall
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
elchanco
Labourer
Labourer

Problems with damp spots on interior wall

Post by elchanco » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:01 pm

Hi,

We have a problem with damp spots on the gable end of our house. recently, we decided to have the hall/landing painted & noticed how bad the damp spots are.

I was advised they could be condensation spots? The damp spots start half way up the wall, parallel with upstairs & are spread across the upstairs wall.

We have a drain pipe running across the exterior of the wall. I pur in this pipe because two houses were sharing the same down pipe & the gutters frequently over flowed.

Ive included pictures. What can be causing these damp spots? I cant see any wall vents along tje side of the house (condensation).

Any help appreciated

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Damp spots on interior wall

Post by stoneyboy » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:22 pm

elchanco,
If the damp spots are in a grid formation anything from 0.75 to 1.0 metre squares then it's likely to be snots on the wall ties - assuming you have cavity walls.
end

elchanco
Labourer
Labourer

Post by elchanco » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:23 am

timber frame house, 6 years old. Mould is in random areas on the 1st floor. parallel with the landing upstairs

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by welsh brickie » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:15 am

I would say its condensation from warm air rising meeting cold area.Highly doubtfull if its damp penitrating through the roof as its only 6 years old,and the damp patches are random.
Inspect the loft and check the insulation is tight against the ceiling and pack it in if nessasary,open the trickle vents in the windows upstairs to dry out the moisture,and keep them open.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:57 am