Problems with solar water heater installation
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
davids1357
Labourer
Labourer

Problems with solar water heater installation

by davids1357 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:06 am

I need some advice please concerning my central heating/hot water system. The boiler control panel has options to have the radiators and hot water heated by gas or just to have the hot water heated by gas. I have just had a solar water heater installed and I was told that changes could be made to the boiler control panel to enable me to heat the radiators independently of the water, i.e. I would have options to heat the radiators with gas, heat the radiators and water with gas, heat water with gas but not the radiators and heat the water with solar power. Now I am being told that it is not possible and everytime I turn on my radiators the gas will also heat my water. This means the solar heater would become redundant whenever I have my radiators turned on.
Is it possible to have a system as I have described? I believe that it should be as in a previous house I had a boiler control with these options. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
Thanks

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:42 pm

You will need to convert your system to a fully pumped system (Y plan), with a 3 port valve and cyclinder stat.

http://www.gasman.fsbusiness.co.uk/full ... ystems.htm

Depending on the size and layout of your house - it can mean quite alot of work and upheaval.

htg

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1