DIY Doctor

proposed conservatory

Postby martinshep100 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:26 pm

I wish to erect a conservatory 24M2 to the rear of my semi-detached property which will not be accessable from the main dwelling ,towhich I understand I do not require building regs or planning permission, I have a problem however that the main drain run will run under the oversite and footings will be affected. What will be the requirements for the depth of footing/oversite and I guess concrete lintols over the drain run which also serves other properties?
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:11 pm


Simply Build It

Postby welsh brickie » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:38 am

The erection of any building will require planning consent,the council might well say no problems,but you need to check first.
With regards to the drain you will need to excavate 450mm below the drain and 450mm clearance around the drain and flood with concrete encasing the drain.If the top of the drain is visible lintols must span it to avoid crushing it
welsh brickie
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 2611
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:54 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics