Protherm 80E Problem
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
wasp
Labourer
Labourer

Protherm 80E Problem

by wasp » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:14 pm

Hi there,
I have a protherm 80E combi boiler that is used for 5 rads, a shower and 2 sinks. It often displays the F1 fault and I am aware that this is a common fault with this boiler. I have had several engineers come out and look at it, but none have been able to fix the problem, even after several new parts.

To overcome this, my partner and I just rotate on 'boiler watch' at shower times and just reset it if the heating goes off. However, this has been happening more and more often and a new fault has begun too. Now the boiler will just lose it's flame, but not display any fault. Sometimes it will reset itself if you turn the boiler off at the wall for a few seconds, but now this is not even working.

What could be the problem and how do we fix this. There is no way we can afford a new boiler, but we are fed up of freezing to death and having cold showers :-( Please help...

plastic_man77
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Protherm 80E Problem

by plastic_man77 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:47 pm

@ wasp

There are two primary reasons for the F1 fault code to be displayed, flame sensing and overheating, but there are several causes for each.

What parts have been changed so far?

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1