PUMA 80e - Hot water but no Central Heating
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Nashy22
Labourer
Labourer

PUMA 80e - Hot water but no Central Heating

by Nashy22 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:25 pm

Hi Guys

Just wondered if anyone can help on the above matter, it's just me and my daughter, and im sure it might be something silly as to why our centrral heating wont come on - The hot water fires up from the combi boiler ok

Any ideas - im sure this happened the other week, but before i started to really worry - It flipped back on again

Thanks chaps

Tuesdaywhistler
Labourer
Labourer

by Tuesdaywhistler » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:02 pm

Hi Nashy,
We may need some more details but try the basics to be going on with and lets see what happens;

1. Check the control panel on the boiler, there are 2 x switches on the left of it one above the other, set the central heating switch (lower one) to 'constant'.
2. You have 2 x knobs, roughly in the middle, one above the other, turn the central heating control knob (lower one) up to full.
3. If you have a room thermostat a box on the wall somewhere in your property, turn that up to full.
4. Do you have any other controls/dials/sliders/boxes anywhere in the property? If so make sure they are all turned up full/set to on.
5. Does the boiler fire?

If that doesn't work let me know and I'll ask you some questions about your boiler/system.

Take care,

Tuesdaywhistler

"If in doubt call someone out."

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:23 pm

If all controls are calling for heat. Try turning off the boiler and running the hot tap so that cold water passes through the boiler, after 5 mins or so turn the tap off amd turn on the central heating.

If it works then it's the wax capsule that's causing the issue - needs replacing.

If that doesn't work, it could be the CH sensor, but you probably need a RGI.

htg

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Steve the gas » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:59 am

Sort of as per Htg
But if you have even a slightly dripping hot tap it will cause this, very sensitive diverter

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1