DIY Doctor

Pumped shower now plumbed into mains

Postby Simmons2579 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:18 pm

Hi, 3 years ago I had fitted a "pumped" shower (triton t80si) coz my bathroom was gravity tank fed, now the council, in their wisdom, have hooked my bathroom to the mains & I really can't afford to buy and have fitted another shower,
So my question is, "whats the worse that can happen if I continue to use the pumped shower now its plumbed to mains??"
Simmons2579
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:46 pm

Hi simmons2579
Depends very much on the pressure in the mains. Find out what it is and call Triton for technical advice.
Triton state that the t80si must not be connected to the mains but I don’t see any reason why you should not get away with fitting a pressure control valve set to 1bar coupled with a pressure relief valve.
Regards S
stoneyboy

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!