DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Putting in an ensuite shower room

Postby cowens1 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:31 pm

I am putting in an ensuite bathroom into my home, it will include a quad shower, toilet and sink. The soil pipe goes out through a side wall covered by slates and connects to the soil pipe stack for the original bathroom. The pipe is fixed to the side of the joists, but no joists will be affected by the soil pipe. i.e cut. There is a hot and cold pipe that will be drilled through the joists 20mm max hole. The waste is drilled through two joists 1.5 inches, the joists are 10 inches deep by two inches wide.

Do I need building regs or planning permission for this.

Thank you for your assustance in this matter...
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:14 pm

Postby AndiePricie » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:32 am


Yes you will need Building Regs as it is an extension/alteration of a controlled service. (drainage).

Rank: Tradesman
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:43 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics