DIY Doctor

Quick Release Toilet Seat Issues

Postby Jtlemarquand » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:50 pm

So, I’ve looked everywhere and I’m about ready to launch this toilet out the window so any help would be appreciated.

I’ve been attempting to change this toilet seat for the past two hours and have had no luck.

It’s a quick release but I can’t find any way to get the damn thing off, it’s not like any others I’ve seen where you just press the buttons in and lift.

I’d love it if someone could put me out of my misery and knows how to get this off?!

Many thanks!
Attachments
ED96E104-02B2-409E-94FB-01F30C26B63F.jpeg
Never seen this connection before
Jtlemarquand
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby Woodcrafts_UK » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:33 pm

Is there an allen bolt inside the tiny hole on the side of the fixing? You may need to back that out to release the seat. Alternatively, but from the sound of it you've probably done this already, give it a good tug upwards. Some fittings just rely on a tight push fit over the pan fitting.
Woodcrafts_UK
Progress to next rank:
10.5%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!