Quote for Vaillant ECOTEC Plus 831
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mdvUK
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quote for Vaillant ECOTEC Plus 831

Post by mdvUK » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:56 pm

Hi All

I've been quoted £1900 (all in) for a new Vaillant ECOTEC 831, fully installed with all parts and removal of immersion tank etc etc.

The boiler is costing 950, pipe and fittings 200. Power flush 200, rest is labour. Is this about right - can i purchase the boiler myself and make a significant saving?

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:27 pm

Not really easy to say, the labour side seems a little steep - but I don't know what work is required.

I can't see you being able to buy a Vaillant any cheaper. Don't go with the first quote though - get a few with the same boiler and work then you will be able to tell if it is competitive.

htg

screech
Ganger
Ganger

Post by screech » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:04 pm

the labour price depends how much work and where you live. i think 1900 for a vaillant ecotec 831 fully installed etc is a good price, some of the prices of seen people pay for boilers and installations are shocking, some pay more than that for a useless boilers. vaillant are, in my opinion, the best boilers you can get. been working on all makes and models of boilers, of all ages for the last 7 years.

get a few other quotes but don't bother with an 'own brand' from a plumbing merchants, they're cheap for a reason. only get an 'a' rated boiler, 'b' rated ones are normally 10yr old designs modified to make them more efficient, 'a' rated boilers are designed to be condensing boilers.

i recommend vaillants all the time, i even fitted one in my own house last year, albeit not a combi.

britbabe71
Labourer
Labourer

that is a bargain

Post by britbabe71 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:04 pm

I want to get the Vaillant Ecotec Plus 831 - Condensing Gas Combi Boiler fitted. NPower want just under £5000, British Gas want just under £3000.
If you could give me the details of the company you have the quote from, I would jump at that price. The boiler alone is £900, then you have to get the vent etc, plus removal of all old tanks and fitting. £1900 is a deal.

Britbabe71

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1