quote needed for basement job
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
DIYRob
Apprentice
Apprentice

quote needed for basement job

Post by DIYRob » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:00 am

I'm looking to convert a small basemant space into a play room.

It's around 7m L x 3m W x 2m tall.

I would like a ball park figure to do the following work:

1. Attach water proof membraine to all walls
2. Build frame work for plaster boards
3. create a flat floor

I have no idea on how much this will cost. So please if there are any builders out there, can you please let me know how much I'm looking at ??

Morgan3
Labourer
Labourer

Post by Morgan3 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:04 pm

HI Rob
it depends on a number of factors , unfortunately the head highth of 2.0m is .400mm below standard room highth that will probably mean excavating your floor to gain the right highth needed , this will have a knock on cost depending on the flooring material needing to be removed ( concrete for example ) also you may have to check the depth of the basement footing to make sure there will be no need for underpinning, to be honest it would be very difficult to provide you with any ball park figure , I feel most professional surveyors would insist on a site visit in order to view the job and give you a difinitive cost .

DIYRob
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by DIYRob » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:36 pm

[quote="Morgan3"]HI Rob
it depends on a number of factors , unfortunately the head highth of 2.0m is .400mm below standard room highth

Hi Morgan3

Thanks, lets just say for arguments sake that the hight is adequate.

I suppose what i'm really after is the procedure. What needs doing first ??

My plan was to level the floor, seal everything with a bitumen paint, sort ventilation, build a wood frame, fit waterproof membrane, plasterboard walls and ceiling, then paint.

Does this sound good, or does it all need planning permission ?

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:40 am