radial in kitchen
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
dan123
Labourer
Labourer

radial in kitchen

by dan123 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:38 pm

just wondering..a kitchen with 1 washer, 1 fridge, and 3 double socket outlets. presumin kettle, toaster, microwave plugged in...would all this exceed a 20amp radial ciruit? or do you think i shud just run 1 more leg to end of radial and do away with it and make it a ring circuit..abit of a ball ache tho as its all been studded plastered and skimmed now with new chipboard flooring. dnt ask why its been wired like that in the first place. i wud of just stuck with the ring circuit but was sparks in before that has wired it as such im just pickin up where he left off.

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:06 pm

It's a bit maginal even allowing for diversity, but the only long operating item is washer assuming cold fill, all others are short term ops. so probably be ok. depends upon protection type, ie fuse, MCB type 2 or type 3 as trip/blow levels/times vary greatly, is kitchen in use? can you get clamp-on ammeter on cable to check average / peak loads?
You know the other option so is it worth checking or just bite the bullet & go for ring...Regards SPARX

dan123
Labourer
Labourer

by dan123 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:27 pm

think i am just going to bite the bullet and go ahead with the ring. it may cause abit of mess but it seems to be the better option in the long run..plus i have got a spare 32amp MCB lyin around gathering dust..saves buuyin a 20amp..
thanks for the advise dan

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:32 pm